Location, lifestyle, infrastructure
Only a few steps away from STUDIOMUC the "Infanteriestraße" tram and bus stops provide fast connections to the city centre and the airport with only one change.
From Infanteriestraße the tram or bus will take you with one change to the Stachus in approx. 12 minutes and the main railway station or Marienplatz in just a quarter of an hour.
The nearest underground station at Hohenzollernplatz is only 10 minutes away on foot. The U2 from the Hohenzollernplatz will take you to the main railway station in only five minutes, and to reach Marienplatz you take the U2 to Sendlinger Tor, where you change to the U3, taking you to your destination in 12 minutes in total.
For those travelling by car Dachauer Straße or the Schleißheimer Straße lead directly to the city centre, while leaving the city the Frankfurter Ring leads to the A9 Munich-Schwabing.
By public transport:
- to the main railway station or the Stachus 15 min.
- to the A9 Munich-Schwabing 15 min.
- to the airport 26 min.
- to the city centre 10 min.
- to buses and tram (Infanteriestraße) 0.5 min.
- to the underground station (Hohenzollernplatz) 10 min.
- to the Luitpoldpark 10 min.
- to the Olympiapark 2 min.
In future there will be direct access to the footbridge without having to cross Ackermannstraße!
In the Olympiapark STUDIOMUC has a unique leisure time paradise right on the doorstep. The daring can take a tour of the roof of the stadium and then abseil down into the arena. Visitors can also take a tour of discovery of the stadium, which held almost 70,000 music fans at a Genesis concert, on their own. In the summer a train takes visitors around the 850,000 m² park, and water-skiing on the lake is also popular. The Sealife underwater world lies at the centre of the park. The southern section of the park is home to the "Sommer-Tollwood" international cultural festival. The colourful stands, jugglers, artistes and gourmet marquees attract nearly 900,000 visitors. Of course several times a year there are running and cycling events such as the B2Run®, Germany’s corporate running championships and the CityBike Marathon. Those who wish to let the day wind down quietly can watch the sunset from the Olympia hill, or even enjoy a gourmet dinner 181 metres above ground in the revolving restaurant of the Olympia Tower. More information at www.olympiapark.de
"Das Schloss" at Schwere-Reiter Str. 15, in other words close to STUDOMUC, is an event location with a highly diverse programme. Cabarets and concerts take place here all the year round. In an enchanting marquee setting there’s also a restaurant with excellent cuisine. A mixture which is not just popular among natives of Munich!
Infrastructure with lifestyle quality
Hotels & eating out
- Motel One, nearby
- Hotel Vitalis
- Café Rigoletto with kiosk: 350 m, 4 min. on foot
- French Café La Barbotine GmbH
- Breakfast/brunch at Café Ignaz
- Tanino Italian restaurant: 500 m, 7 min. on foot
- La Villa in the Luitpoldpark: 2 km, 15 min. on foot
- Ital‘s Pizzeria: 1 km, 12 min. on foot
- McDonalds: 650 m, 8 min. on foot
- Revolving restaurant 181 in the Olympia Tower – Sternerestaurant: 2.6 km, 30 min. on foot
- Hofbräu am Oberwiesenfeld: 1.2 km, 14 min. on foot
- Gasthaus am Olympiaturm with beer garden
- Lehmanns Tages-Café with Backshop: 500 m, 5 min. on foot
- Coellner im Paragraph – Kölsch pub with beer garden: 900 m, 10 min. on foot
- "Reizbar" cocktail bar
- "Yum to Take", organic Thai food
- 1. Schwabinger Kartoffelhaus
- Schwabikum medical centre with pharmacy and physiotherapy
- Schwabinger hospital medical centre
- 4 pharmacies in Schleißheimer Str.
- Rewe supermarket: 800 m, 2 min. by car, 10 min. on foot
- Müller & Höflinger baker’s: 650 m, 6 min. on foot
- Vollkorner organic supermarket: 600 m, 6 min. on foot
- Norma, discounter: 1.1 km, 2 min. by car
- Edeka supermarket: 1.4 km, 3 min. by car
- Feinkost Drexler delicatessen: 2.8 km, 5 min. by car
- Sparkasse bank: 500 m, 5 min. on foot
- Käfer Delikatessenmarkt
- Rossmann drugstore
- Tengelmann supermarket
- Olympia Centre and Olympiapark
- Luitpoldpark (underground station)
- Green area in Ackermannbogen
Art and culture
- Das Schloss "Zelt with Events" marquee
- Galli Theater
- Münchner Lustspielhaus
- Lach- und Schießgesellschaft
Munich’s major employers 2012 / employee numbers
- BMW worldwide: approx. 106,000** (HQ Munich: 10,000*)
- Accenture: worldwide: approx. 257,000**
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants: 2,700**
- Allianz: 142,027**
- Siemens: worldwide more than 370,000*
- MAN: worldwide 55,235**
- Osram: worldwide 39,000**
- Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG: 45,437**
- Telefonica (O2): in total 7,642**
- Bayr. Hypo- und Vereinsbank AG: 19,247**
Munich is home to major corporations with international operations. Job-related travel is at a high level. STUDIOMUC is the perfect solution for the many employees and business associates from abroad who spend time in the Bavarian capital in relation to specific projects.
* Information provided by companies ** Source: wikipedia